- Postdoc Eduardo won the Best Paper Award of the Faculty of Medicine in Aachen for his PhD work.
- Chongzhi (George) Zang started his new lab at University of Virginia!
- Shirley gave the keynote speech at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Biological Data Science Meeting.
- We welcome Eduardo Gusmȃo and Xihao Hu as new postdocs in the lab.
- Bo was invited to present at the Future of Science Symposium at MD Anderson.
- New postdoc Shengqing Gu joined our lab from University of Toronto. Welcome!
- Postdoc Eric Severson accepted the offer to work at Foundation Medicine.
- The lab celebrated with Chongzhi on his belated wedding party and new faculty position at UVA.
- Len Taing got married. Congratulations!!
- Wei's study on IncRNA CRISPR screen was accepted by Nature Biotechnology.
- Bo's TIMER paper has been published in Genome Biology 2016: 16;174.
- Former postdoc Han Xu was awarded the Texas CPRIT scholar to start his independent laboratory.
- Nicole Traugh joined the lab as a technician. Welcome Nicole!
- Former lab visiting students Qiu Wu and Chenfei Wang just got married.
- Former postdoc Johannes Koster just received a Veni grant from the National Dutch Science Organization allowing him to become an independent investigator.
- Good news for our Memorial Day weekend: the TCR paper is online in Nature Genetics! Thank you all for the help to make this study a possibility! It has been such a fun experience learning and working with you all!
- Chongzhi's MANCIE normalization method for data integration appeared in Nat Communication.
- Bo's study characterizing T-cell receptor repertoire in TCGA tumors is accepted for publication at Nature Genetics
- Shirley received the Richard E. Weitzman Outstanding Early Career Investigator award from the Endocrine Society.
- Wei's son Weston was born on Easter day!
The lab welcomes new postdoc Jingyu Amy Peng and visiting scholars: Mei Wang, Zheng Jiang and Hailing Liu.
- Ruoxu's baby Henry was born!
- Zhou and Yiwen's ceRNA paper appeared on Nat Comm.
- Johannes returned with his family from Germany back to the lab.
- Ted's fellowship application to the Department of Defense is recommended for funding.
- Graham started his own lab at Salk Institute.
- Han and Kexin's paper appeared in Mol Can Res.
- Teng was awarded the 1000-Talent Plan by China.
- Shirley organized a successful surprise symposium and party to celebrate Myles Brown's 60th birthday.
- Wei and Johannes' MAGeCK/VISPR paper was accepted to Genome Biology.
- Bo gave a talk at the AACR cancer Therapy conference.
- Zhou and Yiwen's ceRNA paper was accepted to Nature Communication.
- Shirley's R01 application on methodology development for CRISPR screen analysis received a 2 percentile score.
- Peng's NEST paper for network analysis of gene essentiality was accepted to Genome Biology.
- Johannes' application note about the Rust-Bio library has been published in Bioinformatics.
- The lab welcomes visiting scholars Qi Liao, Ruoxu Dou, and Feizhen Wu, and rotation student Zack McCaw.
- The lab welcomes experimental postdoc Xiaoqing Wang on board!
- Xiaoqi's drug network paper was accepted to PLoS Computational Biology.
- We just released MAGeCK-VISPR for CRISPR screen analysis.
- Shirley presented the RABIT work at the World Statistics Congress.
- Shirley gave a Keynote speech at the Opening Ceremony of the Center for Statististical Science at Tsinghua.
- Haoquan Zhao became a rotation student in the lab. Welcome!
- Graham just accepted the faculty position at Salk Institute!
- Han's CRISPR gRNA efficiency paper was accepted to Genome Research.
- Peng's RABIT paper was accepted to PNAS!
- Shirley Liu successfully organized the Gordon Research Conference on Cancer Genetics and Epignetics as vice chair. The conference was held in Lucca, Italy.
- Johannes Koster started as a joint postdoc in the Brown and Liu laboratories. Welcome Johannes!
- Han Xu started his new job as a research scientist at the Broad Institute. Best wishes for Han!
- Shirley and Myles' grant application "Mechanism of Hormone Independence and Drug Resistance in Prostate Cancer" has been recommended for funding by the Department of Defense.
- Peng and Shirley's publication "Big data mining yields novel insights on cancer" has been published in Nature Genetics this month. Congratulations!
- Wei's BMC Genomics paper "Accurate inference of isoforms from multiple sample RNA-Seq data" won 2015 Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC2015) best paper award! Congrats!
- Yiwen Chen started his assistant professor position at MD Anderson. Best wishes to Yiwen!
- Wei and Han's co-authored paper "MAGeCK enables robust identification of essential genes from genome-scale CRISPR/Cas9 knockout screens" has been accepted by Genome Biology! Way to go!
- George's paper on "The Role of Notch Receptors in Transcriptional Regulation", has been accepted for publication in Journal of Cellular Physiology! Congrats!
- Congratulations to Zhou Du who is the co-first author of a paper which will be published in Cell on the convergent sense/antisense super-enhancers targeting AID-initiated genomic instability. Way to go Zhou!
- Welcome Wenhao Yu to the Liu Lab!
- Eric Severson has been accepted to the Harvard Medical School Master of Medical Sciences (MMSc) in Biomedical Informatics program.
- Welcome Shihua Zhang! Shihua is a Visiting Scientist from the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science.
- We have a new Research Fellow in our Lab. Let's extend a warm welcome to Bo Li!
- Cliff's paper on "Identifying and Mitigating Bias in Next-Generation Sequencing Methods for Chromatin Biology" has been accepted by Nature Reviews Genetics.
- We welcome visiting graduate students Rachel Wu and Taiwen Li.
- George's collaboration paper is finally accepted to Gene and Development.
- Liu Lab welcomes summer visiting students Tao Wang, Albert Yu and BIG rotation student Perry Palmedo.
- Xiaoqi's MethylPurify paper was accepted to Genome Biology. Congratulations!
- Eric Severson joined the lab as our first clinical postdoc.
- Cliff submitted the revision to Nature Reveiw Genetics
- Congratulations to Graham for another Boston Marathon run!
- Jean was the recipient of the Administrative Professionals Award. Congrats!
- Shirley received the Claudia Adams Barr Award in Innovative Basic Cancer Research at DFCI.
- The modENCODE chromatin integration paper is finally accepted to Nature!
- The lab welcomes a new member, Joseph Mandelbaum, a BBS rotation student.
- Yiwen's collaboration paper with Bruce Yanker is accepted to Nature!
- Yong's zebrafish nucleosome paper was published as the cover story on Genome Research, Happy Chinese New Year!
- Qianzi's collaboration paper with Laurie Glimcher is finally accepted to Nature!
- Farewell to Xiaoqi and Haiyun who have returned to China after their fruitful scientific visits to the lab.
- Congratulations to Chen-Hao Cheng for passing his qualify exam!
- Welcome Gonghong Wei for his visit from Univ of Oulu!