- Our MAGeCKFlute pipeline for CRISPR screen analyses was published in Nature Protocol.
- Our TRUST BCR paper was published in Nat Genet, and highlighted by ACIR: https://acir.org/journal-articles/cancer-immunobiology/omics-analyses?entryId=20676
- Shirley Liu was elected to a Fellow at the International Society for Computational Biology.
Xihao (Sherlock) is the recipient of a Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI) Scholar Award.
- Shirley delivered the keynote speech at the RECOMB/ISCB Conference on Regulatory & Systems Genomics with DREAM Challenges (https://www.iscb.
- We welcome Aashna Jhaveri to join the Liu Lab and CIDC project.
- Peng’s TIDE algorithm is featured on DFCI Online:
- Avinash Sahu is getting married!
- Updated Cistrome paper is published in NAR: https://academic.oup.com/
- Xiaoqing Wang is the proud father of baby James!
- Rongbin’s Cistrome DB paper appeared online in Nucleic Acids Research.
- Xihao (Sherlock) and Jian’s paper on how to evaluate immune repertoire inference algorithms is published in Nat Biotech.
- Liu Lab welcomes postdocs Collin Tolkheim, Chenfei Wang, and Li Song.
- Liu Lab members gave talks at the Takeda Target Discovery conference, SAPA conference, CSHA Systems Biology of Gene Regulation meeting, and Chinese Systems Biology conference.
- Liu Lab welcomes visiting scholars Xiaoman Wang.
- Liu Lab participated in the second Jimmy Fund Walk to raise funding for DFCI.
- Binbin Wang’s paper on MAGeCKFlute pipeline for CRISPR screen analyses is accepted to Nature Protocol.
Peng’s TIDE paper is published in Nature Medicine.
The CIDC project has a new project manager, Joyce Hong.
Shirley presented her CRISPR screen work at CRISPR genome editing conference in China and Italy.
Chen-hao’s CRISPR screen design and analyses paper is accepted for publication in Bioinformatics.
Shirley gave the plenary talk on cancer immunology at AACR annual meeting.
Our NCI ITCR U01 grant on inferring tumor immune repertoire are recommended for funding.
Wei Li started his assistant professor position at National Children’s Medical Center/ George Washington University
- Welcome Avinash Sahu, PhD Computer Science from U Maryland, as new postdoc in the lab.
Our collaboration with Wucherpfeening Lab on CRISPR screens to identify genes modulating T-cell mediated cancer cell killing is published in Science.
View our News Archive below for more!
- Bo Li started his assistant professor position at UT South Western.
- Shirley and DFCI colleagues received the Cancer Immunologic Data Commons (CIDC) and Cancer Immune Monitoring and Analysis Center (CIMAC) from the NCI Moonshot Initiative.
- Shirley, Wei and Bo presentated at the Cold Spring Harbor Asia Conference on Precision Cancer Medicine.
- Postdoc Peng Jiang spoke at the Rising Star Symposium at University of Chicago.
- Shirley received the Breast Cancer Research Foundation award to identify novel immunotherapy targets to treat triple negative breast cancers.
- Former postdoc Johannes Koester became group leader at University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Postdoc Bo Li received the Texas CPRIT Scholar.
- We had another successful annual Center retreat!
- Shenglin’s Cistrome TCGA paper is accepted to Cancer Research.
- Bo’s BCR paper is under review at Cell
- Brown and Liu Lab welcome our newest joint experimental postdoc Qin Tang.
- Taiwen’s TIMER web resource paper is accepted to Cancer Research.
- Our collaboration study with Kai Wucherpfennig was submitted to Science
- PhD student Chen-Hao Chen received his PhD degree.
- MS Student Xue Zou graduated and will continue PhD study at Duke this Fall.
- Teng’s HNRNPL paper was accepted to PNAS.
- Shirley chaired the Gordon Research Conference on Cancer Genetics and Epigentics.
- Chen-Hao Chen finished his PhD thesis defense!
- Postdoc Bo Li’s first child Luke was born on 3/28, on postdoc’s Peng Jiang’s birthday. 😊
- Postdoc Teng Fei started his own lab as 1000 young talent scholar at Northeastern University in China.
- Bo’s improved TRUST methods was accepted to Nature Genetics!
- Sujun and Yin’s cell cycle paper was accepted to PNAS.
- Shirley and Elaine Mardis’ primer on cancer immunogenomics was published in Cell.
- Shirley’s Cell Primer paper with Elaine Mardis was accepted.
- Wei’s collaboration paper with Bill Kaelin was accepted to PNAS.
- Former postdoc Han Xu started his faculty position at MD Anderson as a CPRIT scholar!
- Postdoc Eduardo won the Best Paper Award of the Faculty of Medicine in Aachen for his PhD work.
- Chongzhi (George) Zang started his new lab at University of Virginia!
- Shirley gave the keynote speech at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Biological Data Science Meeting.
- We welcome Eduardo Gusmȃo and Xihao Hu as new postdocs in the lab.
- Bo was invited to present at the Future of Science Symposium at MD Anderson.
- New postdoc Shengqing Gu joined our lab from University of Toronto. Welcome!
- Postdoc Eric Severson accepted the offer to work at Foundation Medicine.
- The lab celebrated with Chongzhi on his belated wedding party and new faculty position at UVA.
- Len Taing got married. Congratulations!!
- Wei’s study on IncRNA CRISPR screen was accepted by Nature Biotechnology.
- Bo’s TIMER paper has been published in Genome Biology 2016: 16;174.
- Former postdoc Han Xu was awarded the Texas CPRIT scholar to start his independent laboratory.
- Nicole Traugh joined the lab as a technician. Welcome Nicole!
- Former lab visiting students Qiu Wu and Chenfei Wang just got married.
- Former postdoc Johannes Koster just received a Veni grant from the National Dutch Science Organization allowing him to become an independent investigator.
- Good news for our Memorial Day weekend: the TCR paper is online in Nature Genetics! Thank you all for the help to make this study a possibility! It has been such a fun experience learning and working with you all!
- Chongzhi’s MANCIE normalization method for data integration appeared in Nat Communication.
- Bo’s study characterizing T-cell receptor repertoire in TCGA tumors is accepted for publication at Nature Genetics
- Shirley received the Richard E. Weitzman Outstanding Early Career Investigator award from the Endocrine Society.
- Wei’s son Weston was born on Easter day!
- The lab welcomes new postdoc Jingyu Amy Peng and visiting scholars: Mei Wang, Zheng Jiang and Hailing Liu.
- Ruoxu’s baby Henry was born!
- Zhou and Yiwen’s ceRNA paper appeared on Nat Comm.
- Johannes returned with his family from Germany back to the lab.
- Ted’s fellowship application to the Department of Defense is recommended for funding.
- Graham started his own lab at Salk Institute.
- Han and Kexin’s paper appeared in Mol Can Res.
- Teng was awarded the 1000-Talent Plan by China.